Mental Health Practitioner
MENTAL HEALTH PRACTITIONER
MELBOURNE - NORTH WEST METROPOLITAN
- Join a values based organisation
- Enhance our customers quality of life
- Above Award Salary & Entitlements
breakthru is a for purpose enterprise which has worked with 1000’s of Australians over the past 20 years to access the services they need to live their best life. We recognise that everyone has a story and we are committed to improving the lives of people we support.
We specialise in disability services, mental health support, training & employment offering a variety of services that work in partnership with our customers. We believe that with personalised service, customer choice and collaboration, we can assist our customers to achieve their goals and aspirations.
Our mental health teams in North West Metropolitan Melbourne provide support for people with a mental health issue to live independently, maintain the best possible social and emotional wellbeing, meet their personal recovery goals and live satisfying lives in the community. We work to meet the individual's choice & needs in their own preferred community setting.
As a full time Mental Health Practitioner you will provide 1:1 support to clients under the principles of psycho-social rehabilitation to achieve their individual goals for recovery.
- Assisting our customers to manage the tasks of daily living
- Providing support & understanding of mental health issues
- Maintain & establish links to community, clinical support & relationships
- Promoting self determination and supported decision making
- Work within the principles of person centred practice
- Achieving weekly KPI’s
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Health, social work or psychology qualifications
- Ability to work in a team & individually
- Excellent communication skills
- Drivers License is essential
If this sounds like to perfect role for you, APPLY now to start your journey with us. Attach your resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and completing the sentence ‘I will bring to the breakthru team…’
Further information about working for breakthru is available at www.breakthru.org.au. For any questions, please contact Larissa Grima on 0420 961 531.
Please note: the successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including but not limited to a criminal record check, working with children check, employment history & referee checks.
Applications open 13 February and close 10 March