Program Leader – Direct Services
- Newly created leadership position
- Support the delivery of high quality services
- Expert in trauma assessment and therapy
The Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc. (also known as Foundation House) provides services to advance the health, wellbeing and human rights of people of refugee backgrounds in Victoria who have experienced torture or other traumatic events in their country of origin or while fleeing those countries.
The organisation was established in Melbourne in 1987 and is non-denominational, politically neutral and non-aligned. It is constituted as a not-for-profit organisation managed by an elected Board of Management. Working throughout Victoria, Foundation House is a state-wide agency offering services in metropolitan, regional and rural areas, with head office based in Brunswick. They have approximately 200 staff with metropolitan regional offices in Dallas, Sunshine and Dandenong with an outpost in Ringwood.
This is a new ongoing position working either full time or 0.8 EFT within the Direct Services program to enable the delivery of high quality services and consistency of services across the agency.
Your key areas of responsibility will be:
- Provide leadership in the Direct Service program in the provision of client services
- Provide supervision and professional development for staff to support the delivery of high quality, best practice services
- Work collaboratively with Direct Service managers, other Program managers and coordinators across a multidisciplinary team.
To be successful in this position you require:
- Post graduate qualifications in social work, psychology or another relevant qualification, and at least 4 years relevant experience post qualification
- Expertise in trauma assessment and therapy and mental health assessment and therapy
- Experience in the supervision of staff delivering trauma services
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership abilities
- An understanding of trauma recovery models and the impact of the refugee experience on health and wellbeing.
Remuneration is based on our Enterprise Agreement 2014 up to $95,994 gross per annum pro rata. Benefits include generous salary packaging, leave loading, a range of flexible working options and a highly supportive team environment.
VFST is an equal opportunity employer.
The right to live and work in Australia is an essential requirement of this role.
Applications for this position close on 26 February 2017
Applicants must address the selection criteria contained in the Position Description, which can be downloaded from our website at www.foundationhouse.org.au
Please email applications to Jane Ellis, Human Resources Advisor, at [email protected]
If you are unable to email please post to: Jane Ellis, Foundation House, 4 Gardiner Street, Brunswick 3056.
For any enquiries regarding the position please contact Jane Ellis on 9389 8971.
Job position description